1. Got elementary kids? This afternoon, their teacher assignments will be posted at the public school sites. We hear you can also find out through the Parent Portal, but what fun is that?
2. Environmentally tasty: The Ecology Center in San Juan Capistrano is hosting The Green Feast, featuring 16+ local chefs demonstrating farm-to-table recipes Saturday. But it is sold out. So we’ll just have to salivate from the sidelines.
3. Never forget: Sunday’s Western Memorial Horse Show will give its proceeds to the Fallen Firefighters Fund. Check out the action at Sycamore Trails Stable, at 26282 Oso Road San Juan Capistrano. Classes start at 9:30 a.m.
4. Music on tap: The Swallows Inn has Three Chord Justice tonight, Missiles of October Saturday afternoon, Raining Horseshoes Saturday night and Neil Morrow Sunday afternoon. Montego Restaurant has perennially local faves, Family Style, Saturday night.
5. Plan ahead: The SJC Friends of the Library will break ground on the bookstore they’re building 4 p.m. Monday. Everyone is welcome and refreshments will be served following the ceremony.
For other happenings, check our events calendar.