1. Five Vines is not shut down: Though it kind of looks like it. Suzy Fairchild and Randy Fisher have closed shop for a week while they take the family on a fabulous vacation to Italy. Hope they bring back some nice Pinot Grigio! The just-returned-from-Italy party will be Friday, Aug. 30.
2. Time to weigh in: The folks that put on the Swallows Day Parade and related events, the Fiesta Association, are kicking around ideas for a theme for the 2014 Fiesta de las Golondrinas. Which do you like?
- The Parade that won the west
- Horsing around
- Prairie days and prairie nights
3. Classes for the big kids: Capistrano
Adult School is pleased to announce that its fall
2013 brochure of classes is available now online at www.CapistranoAdultSchool.org . Online registration will “go live” this morning at 9 for
the following program areas:
- Mommy-and-Me /Daddy-and-Me
- Computer and career education
- CPR and first aid
- Classes for older adults
Hard copies of our brochures are in public libraries, city offices, senior and community centers and Capistrano Unified School District school sites.
4. Don’t forget the cowboy poetry: Cowboy music and poetry with Rusty Richards starts at 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Camino Real Playhouse. Cost is $20 per person at the door.
5. Patch read of the day: Updated: Six Injured When Vehicle Crashes Into Building