It's getting down to the wire, and your holiday gift list never got a glance. But no problem, there is hope in a pinch.
Last-minute gifts may be found in the most unlikely of places in San Juan Capistrano.
Here are six suggestions for picking out a gift for friends, loved ones and even the mailman:
1. Drugstores: Most carry everything from cards and perfumes to electronics and books.
2. Gas stations: Some carry stuffed animals, and almost all have mugs and other trinkets, including converters to power your mobile electronics in the car.
3. Grocery stores: Who doesn't need a gift card to buy some of their favorite things or just everyday staples? They usually stock DVDs and Hot Wheels!
5. Bakeries: Shops are typically loaded with cookies, cakes and enough sweets you can even buy extra for yourself.
6. Hardware/Home Improvement: Some stores carry a lot more than nuts and bolts. Today's hardware stores have complete sections dedicated to homegoods such as small appliances and knickknacks.
7. Nuseries: San Juan Capistrano is blessed with more nurseries per capita than any OC town. OK, we're making that up, but the nurseries here will have lots of nice gift ideas, we're sure about that one.
So, just when you thought you were no better than a lump of coal because you missed the boat on gift-buying, there is hope in the form of the most unlikely places for last-minute finds.