San Juan Capistrano Patch is making room for local bloggers on our site.
I'm looking for people who can write on various topics, share their personality and engage fellow readers in discussions.
Patch is a news site, but it's also a forum for an online conversations about your community.
- Are you passionate about San Juan Capistrano's core issues?
- Are you an expert craftsman or hobbyist who can share do-it-yourself tips?
- Do you have strong, but respectful, opinions about local government?
- Are you a mom looking for a place to share your awesome parenting tips?
- Are you a foodie who is constantly tasting new dishes at local restaurants?
- Are you a real estate agent who tracks local trends?
- Are you a local business owner with interesting stories about your customers?
Then I want to hear from you.
Things I'm not looking for:
- Freelance reporters (I have those, but if you think you can do that, we can talk.)
- Direct business promotions
- Negative rants about others
- Stories that make me fall asleep
This isn't a reporting job—it's blogging. You write what you want when you want. Do it on your schedule, whether that's posting multiple entries per day or a couple times a month.
Patch won't own what you post, so you can repost your entries to your other blogs. This is an online platform to have your thoughts seen by a larger audience.
Be interesting. Be provocative. Be yourself.
My role as editor would be to review blog entries to ensure there are no libelous claims. I might correct obvious typos, too.
If you'd like to talk about the opportunity to share your unique voice with our readers, let me know by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling me at (949) 226-2927.