November is a time to be thankful for all you have and a chance to give back to those less fortunate. At ZOOMARS we have an abundance of reasons to be grateful and we would like to share with our community. On November 17th and 18th we will be hosting a food drive at the zoo. Just bring a boxed, bottled or canned food item and you will receive a free basket of feed for our animals and a free ride on the ZOOMARS Mini Train. One offer good per person. All donations will benefit Second Harvest Food Bank.
Not sure what to bring? Here is a helpful list of suggestions:
• Canned Meats (tuna, chicken, salmon)
• Canned & Boxed Meals (soup, chili, stew, mac & cheese)
• Peanut Butter and other Nut Butters
• Canned or Dried Beans and Peas
• Pasta, Rice, Cereal
• Canned Fruits & Vegetables
• 100% Fruit or Vegetable Juice (canned, plastic or boxed)
• Cooking Oil
• Shelf-Stable Milk
• Consider donating healthy, low-fat and low-sugar products
To ensure food safety, we cannot use:
• Rusty or unlabeled cans
• Perishable items
• Homemade items
• Noncommercial canned or packaged items
• Alcoholic beverages, mixes or soda
• Open or used items
• Please no glass containers
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something