The city is offering another forum so that residents can learn about the current water and sewer rate study. Meanwhile, a group critical of how the city bills for water is hosting its own meeting.
The city's forum is scheduled from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 10 at the San Juan Capistrano Community Center, 25925 Camino Del Avion.
The forum will focus on the impact of the proposed rates on water and sewer bills while also giving customers an opportunity to discuss their bills and provide input about the rate study, according to an email from the city.
Additional information will be available about water supply and the drought, along with rebates and techniques to save water.
Thursday night (June 5), the Capistrano Taxpayers Association, the group that sued the city over its water rate structure, is hosting its own forum from 7-9 p.m. at the Capistrano Community Church, 27121 Calle Arroyo Ste. 2200. Topics include:
- How to file a protest against the proposed water rate increase
- Discussion about how the November 2014 City Council election can affect your water rates
- The status of the CTA lawsuit against the City for the illegal 2010water rates
- Information about the City’s proposed water rate increase and Proposition 218 public hearing scheduled for June 17, 2014
- Discussion about the Community Common Sense newspaper