1. Wanna celebrate New Year’s twice? You can ring in 2014 like a New York (that’s 9 p.m. our time) at the Camino Real Playhouse. Included is food, wine, complimentary champagne. And of course music and dancing plus stand-up comedy entertainment.
3. Before and after: Swallows Inn will offer a sophisticated (for a cowboy bar) New Year’s celebration, starting at 7 p.m. And the next day, they’ll be serving bloody Marys and breakfast burritos starting at 8 a.m.
4. A designated driver is available (but he’ll make a lot of stops): Don’t forget the OCTA is running its buses for free Tuesday night into the wee hours of Wednesday a.m.
5. For those needing help with their resolutions: Here’s a link to a government website that lists popular resolutions and the government agencies that can help. Not surprisingly losing weight is first on the list, and the National Institutes of Health have a plan for you.
6. Better tell your teens: Distracted driving is dangerous, especially if you’re a new driver. Starting Wednesday, California drivers under the age of 18 are prohibited from using a wireless device while driving, even if it is equipped with a hands-free option.
For other happenings, check our events calendar.