1. Just when parents thought winter break was over: Nope, you're not done yet. Students in Capistrano Unified don't return to school until Tuesday. Monday is a teacher training day.
2. Dems the meeting: The South Orange County Democratic Club’s monthly meeting is 6 p.m. Wednesday at the San Juan Capistrano Community Center. The topic is Habitat for Humanity homebuilding overseas throughout the years
3. Interested in checking out the Two-Way Spanish program? Tours begin this week, with the first one 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, at San Juan Elementary. Parents of children who will enter kindergarten in September 2014 are encouraged to come and learn all about the Two-Way Language Immersion Program at San Juan Elementary School. This is a very popular program. Space is limited and parents must attend a tour to be on the interest list.
4. Wanna plan a parade? The Fiesta Association, the guys that put on the Swallows Day Parade and other Fiesta de las Golondrinas events to celebrate our famous birds’ return, starts meeting weekly in preparation for the all the big events and always seeks new members. The meetings are Wednesdays at the Nydegger Building, 31421 La Matanza St. Social time begins at 6:30 p.m., the business portion begins at 7 p.m.
5. For those who can grow a really awesome beard: Sign up to prove you’re the hairiest man in the world (or at least san Juan Capistrano) this Saturday at the Swallows Inn or Hair of the Dog Barber Shop. It’s all part of Fiesta madness.
For other happenings, check our events calendar.