It’s just not possible to tell of all the interesting things going on in San Juan Capistrano in five items!
1. Road trip! The public is invited to attend the tour stops and sign the Wounded Warriors Family Support Mustang to show their appreciation for our country’s military families as part of the High Five Tour 2013. The tour also is raising funds to build two “smart homes” for two deserving wounded warriors and their families. Check it out from 5-7 p.m. Tuesday at Tuttle Click Capistrano Ford, 33301 Camino Capistrano.
2. Have you ever wanted to bartend? Now you can, and you don’t even have to mix drinks. Starting this Tuesday, Five Vines Wine Bar is inviting its patrons to guest bartend Tuesday nights.
3. Time to network: The San Juan Capistrano Chamber of Commerce is holding its monthly breakfast 7:30-9 a.m. Wednesday at the Vintage Steakhouse. The cost is $15 for members, $25 for prospective members.
4. The book club comes to you: Author Anita Hughes will speak about her writing and read from her newest book Lake Como 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursday at St. Margaret’s Episcopal School. Hughes has published three adult fiction books including Monarch Beach and Market Street. Her stories, set in beautiful locations, focus on women’s friendships, relationships and facing up to difficult realities. Books will be available for purchase and signing at the event. For more information, please click on this link: or contact (949)661-0108.
5. Bound to make the kids happy, at least: No school for public school children this Friday as Capistrano Unified gives them the day off so teachers can get training in the new Common Core curriculum.
6. You know how you wanted to be a firefighter? The Orange County Fire Authority will hold an open house for the public from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Bring your family and friends to meet your local firefighters, try on firefighter turnouts and discover life and fire safety information in a fun-filled environment. Hosted at Fire Station No. 7, 31865 Del Obispo St. in San Juan Capistrano.
7. Say goodbye to the swallows in style: The annual celebration that says so long to the swallows is Saturday. Tickets are STILL ON SALE for the Vintage, the 17th Annual Vintage Food & Wine Festival, 6-10 p.m. at Mission San Juan Capistrano.
For other happenings, check our events calendar.
Click here for today’s top stories from San Juan Capistrano Patch.