It’s such a busy weekend in San Juan Capistrano, we may have to go past our self-imposed limit of five items!
1. It’s happily Greek to us: The first of what organizers hope will be many Greek festivals in San Juan Capistrano is scheduled for Saturday and is sponsored by Saint Basil Greek Orthodox Church. We have it on good authority that a TON of tasty treats will be available. Opa! And if you’re coming from out of town, the Metrolink will give you a free ride.
2. Hazardous waste and a former Angel … we’re not sure about the tie-in, but we like it: Angels legend Bobby Grich will be at the local landfill to sign your memorabilia and accept your household hazardous wastes. Plus, you’ll get four free tickets to a game. Calling all Angels!
3. Another trashy event: Mission Basilica School is sponsoring an e-waste recycling event from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the school’s parking lot, 31641 El Camino Real. Find out what you can safely trash here.
4. Music abounds: Here’s the line-up at the Swallows Inn. Friday night belongs to Billie Mac. Saturday night’s guest band is Three Chord Justice. Sunday’s band is Kevin Cameron and The Pale Riders,
5. Calling all brides (who are angels, too, right?): El Adobe will host a bridal show from 11 a.m. to 4 pm. Sunday. Vendors will seek to get your business and the first 100 brides will get swag bags. RSVP to email@example.com. Admission is free.
Nope, did it in five!
For other happenings, check our events calendar.