Strap in, it’s another busy weekend in San Juan Capistrano.
1. They turn into a pumpkin before Christmas: The Mountain Pines Christmas Tree Farm is a pumpkin patch, starting Saturday. “This year we have a new, giant, 25-foot, rock-climbing slide. We will have a petting zoo and pony rides on specific weekends, and as always a beautiful and wide selection of pumpkins to choose from,” says an announcement from the farm.
2. Have you ever wanted to be a fireman? This one’s for you: Orange County Fire Station No. 7 on Del Obispo Street is opening its doors to the public from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Meet your local firefighters, try on firefighter turnouts, and discover life and fire safety information in a fun-filled environment.
3. Time for fall cleaning: Bring your donated items from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. to Ambuehl Elementary School Saturday. There will be a Goodwill truck in Ambuehl’s parking lot along with Goodwill workers to take your donated items! Click here to review a list of acceptable donations for Goodwill. If you can’t make it. Sponsored by the 5th Grade Parent Committee, proceeds from your donations will help fund 5th grade activities for the 2013-14 school year.
4. After you’ve played firefighter, picked up a pumpkin and donated to Goodwill, end the day with a bang: The Vintage Food & Wine Festival is Saturday night at Mission San Juan Capistrano. There’s no better way to say goodbye to the swallows and send them off to Argentina for the winter.
5. Can’t forget the music: This is the lineup for the Swallows Inn. Von Cotton on Friday night, Helicopter Saturday afternoon, Honky Tonk Kings Saturday night and the Freight Shakers Sunday afternoon. The Coach House has Marc Cohn Saturday and the Winery Dogs Sunday.
For other happenings, check our events calendar.
Click here for today’s top stories from San Juan Capistrano Patch.