1. Are you ready to jog? The Ambuehl Elementary jog-a-thon is today. Go eagles!
3. A Mass of Remembrance: The 4th annual Mass of
Remembrance for deceased family and friends will be 9 a.m. Saturday at the Old Mission
Historic Cemetery. Hosting the Mass will be the Diocese of Orange and the
Capistrano Historical Alliance Committee. (Celebrant: Father Tim Peters,
Parochial Vicar and Con-Celebrants: Father Jim Nieblas, Jr., S.D.B. and Father
Joe Scerbo, S.A., Ph.D.) The cemetery will be open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. today for those who
want to prepare their family gravesite(s) in anticipation of this very special
The committee will be honoring Betty & Paul Valenzuela and Ruth Lobo for their generous contributions to the cemetery.
On the day of the Mass, a parking attendant will be available for special needs at the base of the hill - comfortable walking shoes are recommended. Please plan to join us for coffee and doughnuts immediately following the Mass on the cemetery grounds.
We would like everyone to know that all are welcome. Last year, over 175 of us gathered at the cemetery. It is hoped that you will be a part of honoring loved ones, relatives and ancestors by gathering in this special time of celebration, remembrance and renewal.
4. How to dump the drugs: Prescription drugs that is. San Juan Capistrano Police Services in partnership with the Drug Enforcement Administration will be hosting another “national prescription drug take-back day” from 10a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at San Juan Capistrano City Hall’s parking lot, located at 32400 Paseo Adelanto.
This is a great opportunity for those who missed the previous events, or who have subsequently accumulated unwanted, unused prescription drugs, to safely dispose of those medications. Instructions:
- Remove any and all personal information
- Drive through and drop off at our take-back locations
These events are completely free, discrete and anonymous. Medical sharps such as syringes and lancets are NOT accepted at these events. For assistance with disposing of sharps please contact OC Pharmacy, 31654 Ranch Viejo Rd Ste. N.
5. Considering private school? Saddleback Valley Christian Schools is hosting an admissions open house Sunday.
6. Music on tap: Swallows Inn has Bryan Lynn Jones tonight, Soul to Soul Saturday afternoon and Dawson’s Gang Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.
For other happenings, check our events calendar.
Click here for today’s top stories from San Juan Capistrano Patch.