1. Valet wins the day: The San Juan Capistrano Planning Commission gave the A-OK for valet parking in downtown San Juan Capistrano. The vote was 4-1, with Chairman Sheldon Cohen opposed.
2. Friday night tailgating at JSerra is new: This season, JSerra Catholic High School football is offering a new game-day experience. Kick off each home game tailgating at Saddleback College. Tonight’s the first night at 5 (game starts at 7). Then stick around for half-time competitions to see if you score some great prizes! Bring your own seating and beverages (no alcohol) for tailgating.
3. Dragon Café: After morning assembly at Del Obispo Elementary today, parents are invited for coffee and pastries. Chat with the principal and the PTA board to find out about new and upcoming events.
4. A movie under the stars: Come watch the movie Madagascar 3 (rated G) on tonight at the Rancho Mission Viejo Riding Park at San Juan Capistrano. Admission is free for the movie. Gates open at 6:30 and the movie begins at dusk. Bring your own picnic or eat at Bad to the Bone's mobile restaurant. Bring a blanket or beach chair. Please no alcohol or glass containers. Parking is free.
5. Working at the car wash: Sing with me, you children of the ‘70s. The city of San Juan Capistrano will host a car wash on from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot at the corner of Ortega Highway and El Camino Real next to the Camino Real Playhouse to benefit the City's adopted 1st Battalion, 11th Marine Regiment (1/11).
Community members can get their vehicles washed and help support the Marines by giving a donation in any amount. Proceeds from the daylong event will help fund upcoming programs, events and more for the City's adopted Marines. For more information, contact Cathy Salcedo at 949-443-6317 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To view the flyer, click here
For other happenings, check our events calendar.