1. Grab the popcorn and make your day: Here’s today’s
line-up for the opening day of the West Coast Film Festival. All
showings are at the Regency
- 3 p.m. In The Good Old Summertime
- 5:30 p.m Pale Rider
- 8 p.m.- Eastwood Directs: The Untold Story (Premiere) – According to IMBd, this documentary highlights the more the 40 movies that Clint Eastwood has made. It explores his style of direction and features comments from people with whom he has worked.
- Followed by an after party at Rick's Cafe for appetizers and a no-host bar.
You can buy tickets here.
2. Emerging drug trends: The Orange County Sheriff’s Department is hosting a presentation Thursday at the Capistrano Unified School District headquarters to inform the public and parents about emerging drug trends. From 6:30-8:30 p.m., you’ll learn how to spot the at-risk behaviors that could be communicating trouble. You’ll also find out what the latest drugs going around the schools are and how students hide them. The talk will be offered in English and Spanish. See online flier for more information.
3. It’s good to help Friends: The City Council awarded the construction contract to build the Friends of the Library bookstore addition in the amount of $327,000 to the low bidder, CA Construction, at the Aug. 20 council meeting. City Council also approved a $60,000 loan to the Friends of the Library for the budget deficit and contingencies. This proposed loan shall be paid off within five years. Work is expected to start in September and be completed in early 2014.
read of the day: Bench Warrant
Issued for ex-NFL Player Suspected of San Clemente Burglary