1. Time to come home: It’s homecoming weekend for three of our local high schools. Tonight, San Juan Hills battles Fullerton High School and JSerra Catholic High School faces Dana Hills High. On Saturday, Saddleback Valley Christian Schools squares off against Riverside Christian. Go Stallions, Lions, Warriors! And have fun at the dance, kids … but not TOO much fun!
2. Scrubbing for a good cause: JSerra is hosting a car wash from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the 7-Eleven across from campus. The JSerra Patriot Club is hosting a car wash to help families of soliders who were lost in combat to send their children to college.
Every wash goes directly to help a family in need. Get there early for coffee and treats.
3. Cute dog and cat alert: The Ark of San Juan is holding a dog and cat adoption fair at Plant Depot at 10 a.m. Saturday. Just check out some of these precious faces here.
4. A lost art? The Ecology Center is offering a backyard skills workshop in seed swap and saving from 1-3 p.m. Saturday. Swap and save heirloom seeds, and explore the seed bank with your local community of organic gardeners. FREE. The Ecology Center is at 32701 Alipaz St. in San Juan Capistrano, 949.443.4223.
5. There’s always music in town: The weekend line-up for the Swallows Inn is the Fulltones Friday night, Flock of 80s Saturday afternoon, and Southbound Johnny will play both Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. Live music at Five Vines Wine Bar starts at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
For other happenings, check our events calendar.
Click here for today’s top stories from San Juan Capistrano Patch.